Curtis S. Young, MD, MS, FACS
Dr. Young is a board-certified, fellowship trained surgeon specializing in surgery of the hand and wrist in adults and children. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, he completed his undergraduate studies in biochemistry at the University of California, Davis, before graduating with a medical degree from The George Washington University in Washington, DC. He completed his residency in general surgery at Michigan State University, where he also earned a master’s degree as part of his postgraduate education. After residency, he completed a fellowship under the tutelage of Dr. Harold Kleinert at the Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microvascular Surgery through the University of Louisville. Dr. Young has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery through the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, as well as an active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, as well as the American Association for Hand Surgery.
- University of California, Davis, BS
- The George Washington University, MD
- Michigan State University, MS
- Michigan State University, General Surgery
- Board Certified General Surgeon
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand by the American Board of Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Christine M. Kleinert Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Midland County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microvascular Surgery
University of Louisville
Matthew P. Kenny, PA-C
Matt is a board-certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) who has worked with Dr. Young since 2018. Matt was born and raised in Birch Run, MI and attended Grand Valley State University where he earned his undergraduate degree in Health Sciences in 2003 and his Master of Physician Assistant Studies in 2006. Over his career Matt has earned extensive training and experience in many areas of medicine including Pediatric Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sports Medicine, Urgent Care Medicine, Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics, and most recently Hand and Wrist Surgery.
Matt is an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants, and American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Grand Valley State University, BS
- Grand Valley State University, MS
- Board Certified Physician Assistant
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant in Orthopedic Surgery
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants
“I have a condition that required surgery to both of my hands. I was fortunate to receive a recommendation from my P.C.P. that I see Dr. Curtis Young.
He took the time to explain the nature of my condition, the surgical procedure and the expected outcome. All the while addressing any questions or concerns that I had. The outcome of each surgery actually exceeded my own expectations.
Before and after each surgery was performed every member of Dr. Young’s support staff were top notch and extremely attentive to my needs.
After my surgeries, the expertise of the on-site physical therapists that were assigned to my case successfully guided me to achieve my recovery goals.
I can say without hesitation Dr. Young has given me back my hands. I am ever grateful to him and would recommend that anyone who is faced with a similar situation to trust Dr. Young.”